Las Piramides

I had a craving for chili's yesterday. Not Chili's the restaurant, nor chili with meat (and if you HAVE to include it, beans, but that is a different post) but chili as in related to the peppers kind. So we went to Las Piramides (101 West Franklin Street, Centerville, 45458). I love the history of the building as it use to be the first high school in the area. It has lots of open space and wooden floors. There are some rather interesting murals on the ceilings and some pictures lacquered onto the tables that some more conservative families may find questionable for their children to see. I personally find it no worse than what many allow their families to witness on tv and in movies. But onto the food!

It has come to be expected that Mexican restaurants serve LARGE platters of food with beans and rice included in just about everything as well as an appetizer of chips and salsa . Las Piramides is no exception. The chips were a little on the greasy side and I personally find the salsa has a little too much cilantro for my taste. I'm not overly fond of cilantro though so it is a personal thing. The nice thing was that they use a salsa that relies on flavor instead of heat.

The Princess ordered a full sized (not child size) plate of Nachos Supreme. Holy Cow was it huge. She took half of it home with her. It had both chicken and seasoned beef. It was covered enough that some of the chips couldn't handle it. You almost needed to use a fork.

The Frog ordered a Quesadilla which covered the plate. The tortilla was crispy and the filling thick. He said it wasn't bad.

I ordered Pollo Poblano. Noooom. It was still almost scalding hot when they brought it out. Grilled poblano peppers stuffed with yummy filling and baked to perfection served with (surprise) beans and rice, lettuce tomato and sour cream as well as four flour tortillas. Flavorful and filling it is one of my favorite dishes.

I did order a bottle of Dos Equis Dark, not realizing they had it on draft. I ended up with a pint instead (miscommunication or a hustle?). I got maybe one third of the way through the $6 drink. Frog had to finish it for me. He thinks it is funny and is telling stories on me.

Hopefully we'll have pictures of the place up soon.

The service: A little sparse and lacking attention, it was a busy Friday night.

The food: Satisfying

The price: moderate to high

So do we like the place? Yes. We give it 6 out of 10 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment