Chili's Restaurant

Since I mentioned Chili's Restaurant we ended up going there last night. I have not been to a Chili's in a very very long time though The Princess has fond memories of it with her Father and keeps trying to get me to go there. So off The Frog, The Princess and I went.

I highly underestimated the place.

The waitress (Alice) was bubbly and talkative, the definition of the word Cute, in my opinion. The place was a little chilly with tank tops on and it so hot outside so I would suggest something more than shorts and other summerwear.

The Princess ordered cheese pizza and fries. I would estimate that it was a full nine inch pizza. She seemed to like it as she refused to share a bite with me. The fries disappeared so quickly I'm not sure she had any.

The Frog and I opted for the 2 for $20 special. That is a special of an appetizer and a selection of two entrees from a specific list. We ordered fired-grilled corn guacamole: fresh avocados, cilantro, house-made pico de gallo, fire-grilled corn and jalapeƱos, served with tostada chips and house-made salsa. The guacamole was amazingly fresh with chunks of avocado, just how I like it. You can tell it is definitely not made from a premix. Yummmmm.

The Frog ordered the cajun chicken pasta (penne pasta with creamy garlic Alfredo sauce with Cajun spices and topped with tomatoes and green onions). The aroma was intoxicating as it was served. It was a large serving of flavor explosion. The chicken was grilled perfectly, not dry at all. None of it made it home.

I had the chicken fajitas and was in heaven. The chicken, green peppers, and onions were cooked to perfection. The meat was tender and so filled with flavor (not salty) it was unbelievable and not at all greasy. It came with four small flour tortillas, a plate of tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, and for an additional $0.99 I got a caddy of beans and rice. All of it fresh and flavored superbly.  I did end up taking half of it home.

The service: Outgoing, friendsly and full of smiles

The food: Exceptionally

The price: moderate

So do we like the place? Definitely. We give it 9 out of 10 Stars

http://www.chilis.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment